Sodium Chlorite Production Plants
KERN S&D, S.L. develops facilities for the production of sodium chlorite (NaClO2) in 25%/30% solution.
Sodium chlorite is a suitable product for the production of small amounts of chlorine dioxide.
Sodium chlorite is a strong oxidant.
Sodium chlorite is obtained indirectly from sodium chlorate, NaClO3.
Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is first obtained by reducing sodium chlorate in a strong acidic solution with an appropriate reducing agent (eg, sodium chloride, sulfur dioxide, or hydrochloric acid). The chlorine dioxide is absorbed in an alkaline solution and is reduced with the hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) to obtain sodium chlorite.
The sodium chlorite manufactured with our technology complies with the European standard of chemical substances used for the treatment of water intended for human consumption.
The facility is designed to produce high quality product with a safe process.
Sodium chlorite is used as:
- Water purification. It is used in municipal water treatment plants, by generating "in situ" chlorine dioxide from sodium chlorite. An advantage of this application is that it does not generate trihalomethanes
- Industrial and waste water treatment
- Bleaching of fibers in the paper industry
- Disinfectant in food industry processes (food and beverages), transformation of slaughterhouse waste to reduce odor, …
- Laboratory reagents
KERN develops tailored solutions to meet the technical-economic needs of its customers. Services offered by KERN are:
1.- Engineering and projects:
- Turnkey projects (EPC)
- Basic and detailed engineering
- Auxiliary services
2.- Project management:
- Technical-economic feasibility studies
- Management and supervision of Works
- Purchase management
- Permits and licenses management
- Legalization of the plant
- Start up
3.- Assembly, operation and maintenance of plants
KERN through its technical team, exploits, manages and maintains third-party facilities