AIR PURIFICATION PLANTS (RTO)
Regenerative Thermal Oxidation (RTO) plants, using composite ceramic materials, are the most widespread and tested technology for treating gaseous effluents with plants in Europe and the United States.
RTO plants are the best solution currently available for gas cleaning due to three main factors:
- High thermal efficiency
- High percentage of elimination of volatile organic components
- High flexibility: type and amount of impurities can change without changing the efficiency of the plant
(*)Not suitable for sticky impurities or large particles (thermal oxidation)
- The gaseous effluent is suctioned through the thermal regeneration plant by means of a centrifugal fan.
- This solution allows the plant to operate under a slight vacuum, eliminating the potential danger of leaks from polluting gaseous effluents and high temperature currents.
- Each combustion chamber, equipped with composite ceramic material, is used for preheating and cooling, with a thermal efficiency of up to 98% ± 2%.
- The use of this ceramic composite material, instead of traditional ceramic materials, results in a lower pressure drop, which requires a smaller combustion chamber. Consequently this solution reduces the cost of the plant because it requires a smaller fan. In addition, fuel consumption is lower, leading to significant savings in operating costs.
- A gas burner allows you to complete the heating of the gases and keep the inlet temperature constant (760 ° -820 ° C).
- The indicated values guarantee the purification efficiency of the
- The operating procedures of the plant are controlled and monitored through specific software .
Type of Impurities that can be treated and Application Sectors
- Type of impurities that can be treated
- Hydrocarbons: methane, ethane, propane, n-exano, cycloexano, acetylene, butadiene 1,3, benzene, toluene, xylene, benzine, fuel oil, ...
- Alcohols, phenols, methanol, ethanol, i-propanol, n-butanol, cyclohesanol, phenol, ...
- Aldehydes, formaldehyde ketones, acetaldehyde, acetone, MEK, cyclohexanone, ...
- Ethers, esters, acids, diethyl ether, ethylene oxide, tetrahydrofuran, 1,4-dioxane, acetic acid, amino acid, phthalic acid, acetic anhydride, …
- Nitrogen compounds methylamine, diethylamine, aniline, acrylonitrile, …
- Inorganic gases hydrogen, carbon dioxide, ammonia, …
- Some application sectors
- Chemical industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Paper and printing industry (off-set, gravure, flexography, …)
- Automotive industry (painting, impregnation of electric motors, ...)
- Livestock (incineration of animal remains, ...)
- Food (purification of cocoa, ...)
KERN develops tailored solutions to meet the technical-economic needs of its customers. Services offered by KERN are:
1.- Engineering and projects:
- Turnkey projects (EPC)
- Basic and detailed engineering
- Auxiliary services
2.- Project management:
- Technical-economic feasibility studies
- Management and supervision of Works
- Purchase management
- Permits and licenses management
- Legalization of the plant
- Start up
3.- Assembly, operation and maintenance of plants
KERN through its technical team, exploits, manages and maintains third-party facilities