Chlorine as such or in the form of other chlorinated compounds remains the only product capable of ensuring that the water remains disinfected throughout the journey from the water treatment plant to the end user's tap.
Because of its properties, chlorine is highly effective in combating all types of microbes that water can contain - including bacteria, viruses, fungi and yeast, and the algae and silt that proliferate inside the supply pipes and in the tanks.
The KERN plants meet a worldwide need, which is the industrial production of small volumes of chlorine and chlorinated products such as hydrochloric acid.
ECONOMIC SAVING (low operating & maintenance costs)
HIGH ENERGY EFICIENCY
Hydrochloric Acid produced with this KERN technology is widely used in:
- Chemical synthesis of organic chlorides – manufacture of agrochemicals and polymers such as PVC
- Chemical Sector – production of inorganic chemicals used in the water demineralization process, as titrant and in chemical analysis (reagent)
- Petrochemical Industry – oilfield activation
- Pharmaceutical products – regulate acidity in solutions
- Food Industry – additive in the manufacture of gelatin and other sugars, to reinforce the flavor
- Textile Industry – leather tanning process
In addition to these industrial applications, it is also used at home for the removal of oxides, as a remover of cement residues and paint.
KERN develops tailored solutions to meet the technical-economic needs of its customers. Services offered by KERN are:
1.- Engineering and projects:
- Turnkey projects (EPC)
- Basic and detailed engineering
- Auxiliary services
2.- Project management:
- Technical-economic feasibility studies
- Management and supervision of Works
- Purchase management
- Permits and licenses management
- Legalization of the plant
- Start up
3.- Assembly, operation and maintenance of plants
KERN through its technical team, exploits, manages and maintains third-party facilities