Chlorine as such or in the form of other chlorinated compounds remains the only product capable of ensuring that the water remains disinfected throughout the journey from the water treatment plant to the end user's tap.
Because of its properties, chlorine is highly effective in combating all types of microbes that water can contain - including bacteria, viruses, fungi and yeast, and the algae and silt that proliferate inside the supply pipes and in the tanks.
The KERN plants meet a worldwide need, which is the industrial production of small volumes of chlorine and soda.
ECONOMIC SAVING (low operating & maintenance costs)
HIGH ENERGY EFICIENCY
The Chlorine produced with this KERN technology has multiple applications (disinfectant, crop protection, drug manufacturing, silicon purification, manufacturing of processors, manufacturing of insulation for construction, manufacturing of components for the transport industry ...), directly or through derived compounds. For its part, Soda is widely used in:
- Organic and Inorganic Chemistry – manufacture of sodium compounds that can, in turn, be intermediates in the production of final products such as sodium hypochlorite
- Textile industry – finishing and sizing operations, cleaning and bleaching
- Detergents and Surfactants – manufacture process
- Oil and Gas Production – in drilling to control the pH of sludge and mud and as a bactericide; in refining to extract sulfur
- Aluminum Production – base ore extraction
- Pulp and Paper Industry – for the production of cellulose and as a bleach for recycled raw materials
- Food industry – oil refining, bottle cleaning and peeling of fruits and vegetables
- Water treatment – pH control
- Farming industry – straw treatment and cleaning of dairy equipment
- Electroplating Industry – surface coating with metal layers
Additionally it is used for paint stripping, drying extracting agent, enamelling and even in metal degreasing and cleaning.
KERN develops tailored solutions to meet the technical-economic needs of its customers. Services offered by KERN are:
1.- Engineering and projects:
- Turnkey projects (EPC)
- Basic and detailed engineering
- Auxiliary services
2.- Project management:
- Technical-economic feasibility studies
- Management and supervision of Works
- Purchase management
- Permits and licenses management
- Legalization of the plant
- Start up
3.- Assembly, operation and maintenance of plants
KERN through its technical team, exploits, manages and maintains third-party facilities