Chlorine Potash Plants
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), "disinfection with chlorine is the best guarantee of a microbiologically potable water".
Chlorine as such or in the form of other chlorinated compounds remains the only product capable of ensuring that the water remains disinfected throughout the journey from the water treatment plant to the end user's tap.
Because of its properties, chlorine is highly effective in combating all types of microbes that water can contain - including bacteria, viruses, fungi and yeast, and the algae and silt that proliferate inside the supply pipes and in the tanks.
The KERN plants meet a worldwide need, which is the industrial production of small volumes of chlorine and potash.
KERN has an innovative technology for the production of chlorine potash consisting of a bipolar membrane electrolyzer (does not contain mercury) or a diaphragm (it does not contain any adbests). The plants designed and developed by KERN S&D, employ a safe technology, respectful with the environment and highly competitive for its low investment and low operating costs (high electrical efficiency and degree of automation). The technology of KERN S&D complies with the Community Directives on the Best Available Technologies (BAT) for the production of chlor-alkali (Directive 2010/75 / EU).
100 – 12.000 kg/día de cloro
(low operating & maintenance costs)
HIGH ENERGY EFICIENCY
The Chlorine produced with this KERN technology has multiple applications (disinfectant, crop protection, drug manufacturing, silicon purification, manufacturing of processors, manufacturing of insulation for construction, manufacturing of components for the transport industry ...), directly or through derived compounds. For its part, Potash is widely used in:
- Potassium carbonate – which is applied in a wide variety of industrial uses (manufacture of special glasses, food, stains, titanium enamels, powders for fire extinguishers ...)
- Potassium phosphates – constituent elements in detergents and industrial cleaners, and in chemicals for water treatment
- Fertilizers for agriculture – potassium supply source for crops sensitive to chloride ions
- Soaps made from fatty acid from coconut oil, vegetable oil, tall oil and toluene sulfonic acid
- Alkaline-electrolytic batteries
KERN develops tailored solutions to meet the technical-economic needs of its customers. Services offered by KERN are:
1.- Engineering and projects:
- Turnkey projects (EPC)
- Basic and detailed engineering
- Auxiliary services
2.- Project management:
- Technical-economic feasibility studies
- Management and supervision of Works
- Purchase management
- Permits and licenses management
- Legalization of the plant
- Start up
3.- Assembly, operation and maintenance of plants
KERN through its technical team, exploits, manages and maintains third-party facilities